The technical writer will prepare documentation that supports external software developers who will contribute to Rokwire by adding new capabilities, or by modifying source code to customize aspects of Rokwire for special communities or use cases.
The technical writer will also develop documentation to support the installation of instances of the Rokwire platform at other organizations, such as universities or municipal management units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Developer Documentation (50% time)
- Edit and augment documentation written by developers
- Develop reference guide materials
- Develop how-to guides for adding software modules to the Rokwire Platform (includes both frontend and backend software)
- Create examples and illustrations of coding, installation, and building of software components
Documentation of Internal Procedures (30% time)
- Document methods for configuring development infrastructure (e.g., build keys, app frameworks, libraries, containerized development environments, programming environments, libraries, etc.)
- Document procedures for installing the Rokwire platform
- Document data storage systems on cloud services
Internal Documentation Maintenance (20% time)
- Document the Rokwire design-build-submission-review cycle
- Document Rokwire development standards and requirements
- Help to create and maintain standard documentation formats
- Test documentation by performing the tasks described in it
- Organize publication of documents in Github and other web-based vehicles
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Alternative degree fields will be considered if accompanied by equivalent experience. Candidates will have at least one year experience writing developer-facing software documentation.
Experience creating short videos to demonstrate completing a technical task task (e.g., desktop screen capture of a person building and running a software application). A demonstrated history of collaboration as part of a team that includes technical and non-technical members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of English and editing standards.
- Ability to present technical information in a user-friendly style.
- Familiarity with documentation of RESTful API and its best practices.
- Ability to read and understand API documentation to create instructions, procedures, and examples.
- Ability to produce accessible, engaging educational materials.
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Familiarity with open source software communities (or) experience working on an open source software project.
- Ability to draft user-friendly diagrams to illustrate aspects of software systems.
Conditions of Employment
Rate of Pay
The rate of pay for the Extra Help – Technical Writer position starts at $25 per hour and increases based on level of work.
We offer short or long-term assignments up to 900 hours, which is about 6-months of full-time work. Employees can work either full or partial days and full or partial weeks.
Extra Help Positions
Extra Help employees are appointed to fulfill casual or emergent needs within units. The amount of time for which services are needed is not usually predictable and payment for work performed is on an hourly basis and based on actual hours worked. Extra Help employees do not receive holiday pay or paid sick or vacation leave.
Extra Help employees are required by State Universities Civil Service System rules to take a 30-calendar-day break after working 900 hours. At the end of the 30 days, you may begin another 900-hour employment cycle in a new position if available. Working Extra Help will in no way affect any other employment opportunities with the University of Illinois, including your position on and Civil Service register.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and samples of your past work by email to:
Joe Grohens, Communications Director of the Smart, Healthy Communities Initiative
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com.